Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a nice dessert to serve with afternoon coffee...and very easy to put together.
- 1 tablespoon black coffee
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup skor toffee pieces
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9" square baking pan.
- In a bowl, beat together the coffee, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 6 tbsp butter and 1 egg until smooth.
- Add the milk, 1-1/4 cups flour, vanilla, baking powder and salt; beat 1 minute to blend well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- In another bowl, mix together the 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour, and 1 tbsp butter with cool fingertips, until crumbly.
- Mix in toffee chips.
- Sprinkle evenly over cake batter.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool on wire rack.
yum Yum YUM!!!!! This cake is perfect for dessert, for brunch, for breakfast, for an afternoon snack, ANYTIME! I like that it doesn't make too much, but then again, we are sad that it's already gone! I had to use dark brown sugar because that is all I had, but it was wonderful. The toffee pieces I had are Heath, and do not have chocolate on them, I don't know about the Skor pieces. Everyone LOVED this quick cake that is perfect to whip up any time with ingredients I always have on hand. Thanks for another winner, Kitten!