Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a nice dessert to serve with afternoon coffee...and very easy to put together.
Top Review by ColCadsMom
yum Yum YUM!!!!! This cake is perfect for dessert, for brunch, for breakfast, for an afternoon snack, ANYTIME! I like that it doesn't make too much, but then again, we are sad that it's already gone! I had to use dark brown sugar because that is all I had, but it was wonderful. The toffee pieces I had are Heath, and do not have chocolate on them, I don't know about the Skor pieces. Everyone LOVED this quick cake that is perfect to whip up any time with ingredients I always have on hand. Thanks for another winner, Kitten!
- 1 tablespoon black coffee
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup skor toffee pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9" square baking pan.
- In a bowl, beat together the coffee, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 6 tbsp butter and 1 egg until smooth.
- Add the milk, 1-1/4 cups flour, vanilla, baking powder and salt; beat 1 minute to blend well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- In another bowl, mix together the 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour, and 1 tbsp butter with cool fingertips, until crumbly.
- Mix in toffee chips.
- Sprinkle evenly over cake batter.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool on wire rack.