Recipe by Kimmie Kooks
This is a favorite of mine that I like to add to cookie trays - I also like to save the crumbs to sprinkle on cakes and ice cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, coarsly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate, semisweet milk, white
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- butter 13x9x2-inch pan, set aside.
- Butter the sides of a heavy 2-quart saucepan in it melt the 1 cup butter and add the sugar, water, corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat to 290 (soft crack stage) stiring frequently (mixture should boin gently over entire surface). Watch carefully after 280.
- Remove from heat. quickly stir in 1/2 cup coarsly chopped nuts.
- Turn onto a buttered 13x9x2-inch pan. wait for 2 to 3 minutes for toffee to firm, then sprinkle with chocolate pieces. let stand 1 to 2 minutes. When chocolate is softened, spread evenly over toffee; sprinkle with 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts.
- Chill untill chocolate is firm; breake into pieces.
- Makes about 1 1/2 pounds.