Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my favorite candy, also the favorite of other family members. They look forward to me making it every year. It also makes great gifts. Is very easy to make, I have been making it for a long time. The recipe comes from one of my Better Homes and Gardens cookbooks.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 cup of sliced toasted almonds on the bottom of a buttered cookie sheet (I cover the cookie sheet with release foil for easy candy removal and easy clean up.
- Butter the sides of a 2-quart saucepan; melt the 1 cup of butter, add the sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat to 290°F (soft crack stage) watch carefully after 280°F so it won't scorch, stirring frequently (mixture should boil gently over entire surface).
- Remove from heat; immediately turn into prepared pan & spread, (Best to use a cookie sheet).
- Wait 2 to 3 minutes for toffee surface to firm.
- Then sprinkle with chocolate chips; Let stand 1 to 2 minutes; When chocolate is softened, Spread over TOFFEE.
- Sprinkle with the finely crushed almonds,Chill till firm, Break ito pieces, Makes about 1 1/2 pounds, ENJOY.
GREAT for the holidays - just yummy!
Perfect Almond Toffee! I always make at least 3 batches every year during the holidays. No one can stay out of it! I recommend using a pan larger than 9x9 as it needs more room to spread out. I used several different size pans this year and using the 9x9 pan made it too thick. KCShell
Easy to make and utterly delicious!