Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This brownie batter comes from a mix, but the difference is adding rice crisp like cereal and chocolate covered toffee bits. If you are looking for a different brownie to prepare and you don't have a lot of time to do it in, consider these. I usually bake at the minimum time, sometimes less, to get the moistest bar.
- 1 (21 1/4 ounce) packageduncan hines fudge brownie mix
- 3⁄4 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup skor chocolate-covered english toffee bar, cut into bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray the bottom only of a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray, as directed on the package, set aside.
- Follow package directions to prepare brownie mix for 9 x 13 pan.
- Spread prepared brownie mix evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle rice cereal evenly over the batter, and press lightly.
- Sprinkle toffee bits evenly over the cereal in the batter.
- Bake for 29-35 miunutes, or until brownies are set.
- Cool on wire rack, then cut into 24 pieces when cooled.
I used my "from scratch" brownie recipe (#95357 , the all cocoa variation) and since I didn't have chocolate-covered toffee bits, I used toffee bits and some mini chocolate chips to make the topping. They are yummy but I think next time I'll increase the toffee bits and decrease the rice krispies as they seem to overpower the toffee taste. I won't exclude them though as they add a fun/different element to the brownies. Thanks for sharing!