Recipe by RSL
This is from the December 2002 edition of Quick Cooking, I believe. This is so easy and so wonderful! I am not allowed to come to work on my birthday if I don't bring this - I am asked all year long if my birthday is soon just so people can get a taste of this. I end up giving out the recipe every year! (Prep time and serving size are a guess and do not include chilling time).
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Easy peasy! I used sugar-free puddings, and about 4-ounces Heath English Toffee Bits ~ The trifle was a big hit with children and adults at Jake's 1st birthday celebration! Made for Fall PAC 2011.
- 510.29 g package brownie mix (9x13 pan size)
- 591.47 ml cold milk
- 96.38 g package cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix or 96.38 g package instant vanilla pudding
- 96.38 g package instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix (can also use the small boxes of sugar-free pudding)
- 226.79 g Cool Whip
- 2-3 Heath candy bars, chopped (can also use packaged toffee bits)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake brownies as directed on package.
- Cool completely, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed 2 minutes.
- Fold Cool Whip into pudding.
- Place 1/2 brownies into dish, cover with 1/2 pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Sprinkle top with Heath bits just before serving.