This is from the December 2002 edition of Quick Cooking, I believe. This is so easy and so wonderful! I am not allowed to come to work on my birthday if I don't bring this - I am asked all year long if my birthday is soon just so people can get a taste of this. I end up giving out the recipe every year! (Prep time and serving size are a guess and do not include chilling time).
- 1 (18 ounce) package brownie mix (9x13 pan size)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix (can also use the small boxes of sugar-free pudding)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 -3 Heath candy bars, chopped (can also use packaged toffee bits)
- Prepare and bake brownies as directed on package.
- Cool completely, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed 2 minutes.
- Fold Cool Whip into pudding.
- Place 1/2 brownies into dish, cover with 1/2 pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Sprinkle top with Heath bits just before serving.