Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
An excellent winter dessert for a big party or just a cozy evening with friends. Creamy and very rich. This dessert is best eaten the same day it is prepared.
- 3 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons coffee extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 -6 1⁄2 cups French bread or 6 -6 1⁄2 cups Italian bread or 6 -6 1⁄2 cups brioche bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup Skor English toffee bits or 1 cup heath almond toffee bits
Cinnamon Toffee Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup Skor English toffee bits or 3⁄4 cup heath almond toffee bits
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13"x9"x2" baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, coffee, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in bread cubes, coating completely with liquid.
- Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup toffee bits.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Sprinkle remaining toffee bits on top.
- Bake until surface is set (40-45 minutes).
- Let cool 30 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until toffee melts and mixture is well blended (makes about 2/3 cup sauce).
- Cut pudding into squares, top with sauce and serve with ice cream.
Excellent! The instructions are clear and easy to follow. The dessert is elegant and oh soooo yummy. Its just wonderful. Thank you for posting this recipe!
I would give this 10 stars if I could! I made this for Thanksgiving and it was gone before the turkey was. It was very easy to prepare. Thanks for the exceptional recipe!