Recipe by littleturtle
An excellent winter dessert for a big party or just a cozy evening with friends. Creamy and very rich. This dessert is best eaten the same day it is prepared.
- 3 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons coffee extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 -6 1⁄2 cups French bread or 6 -6 1⁄2 cups Italian bread or 6 -6 1⁄2 cups brioche bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup Skor English toffee bits or 1 cup heath almond toffee bits
Cinnamon Toffee Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup Skor English toffee bits or 3⁄4 cup heath almond toffee bits
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13"x9"x2" baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, coffee, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in bread cubes, coating completely with liquid.
- Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup toffee bits.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Sprinkle remaining toffee bits on top.
- Bake until surface is set (40-45 minutes).
- Let cool 30 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until toffee melts and mixture is well blended (makes about 2/3 cup sauce).
- Cut pudding into squares, top with sauce and serve with ice cream.