Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I discovered this recipe at a holiday cookie swap and it has been my favorite ever since! This is a good use for candy canes!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 cup ground peppermint candy
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, egg, flour and salt.
- Stir well.
- Spread in greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread with melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with ground peppermint.
- Cut immediately and enjoy!
These were okay. Very easy to make! The peppermint definitely gave flavor to an otherwise bland dessert. They are pretty though and would like nice in Christmas tins.
What a great recipe! These were so good. I had to hide some from my husband just so I could eat a few. I followed the recipe exactly and was very pleased.