Top Review by pammyowl
Very good! Next time (and there will be a next time!), I will cut down on the coconut, I threw in an extra egg because the topping batter was pretty stiff. Also, I'll bake the crust a bit longer, as it was not set after only ten minutes. Thanks for posting this delicious recipe!
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 236.59 ml sifted flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut
- 236.59 ml chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crust ingredients thoroughly.
- Press into bottom of ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350°.
- Topping: Stir eggs into brown sugar and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt and stir into egg mixture.
- Mix in coconut and nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes until topping is golden brown.
- Cool, cut into bars.