- Mix crust ingredients thoroughly.
- Press into bottom of ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350°.
- Topping: Stir eggs into brown sugar and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt and stir into egg mixture.
- Mix in coconut and nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes until topping is golden brown.
- Cool, cut into bars.
Very good! Next time (and there will be a next time!), I will cut down on the coconut, I threw in an extra egg because the topping batter was pretty stiff. Also, I'll bake the crust a bit longer, as it was not set after only ten minutes. Thanks for posting this delicious recipe!
These are soooo good. I was in a baking mood and decided to find a recipe where I could use up some almonds I had in the cupboard. I doubled the recipe, except for the salt (never been big on salt) and it turned out beautifully. Cooking times were the same except for the crust which I cooked for about 5 minutes longer. These are really easy and quick to make and would definitely be ideal to take on a plate to a small party.
I hanen't made it yet but,i m planing to; it's a good little bar for breakfast.