Recipe by mandabears
Another recipe from one of my ladies at the retirement community I work at. Thank you Mrs. E. Rich and elegant cookie bars.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened, do not substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- 3-5 days before serving Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Grease a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 jelly roll pan.
- I use cooking spray.
- With a electric mixer at medium speed, mix all ingredients, except egg white and walnuts, together until well mixed.
- Pat evenly into pan.
- Beat egg white with fork until frothy.
- Brush egg white over dough.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately cut into squares and remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- When completely cool place in tightly closed container.
- Store for at least 3 days before serving.
- Makes 4 dozen.