Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great Passover treat and one that the young ones can help make. And these will be gobbled up in no time. This recipe is from the 'Can't Believe It's Kosher' cookbook.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar (may be 1/2 brown and 1/2 white)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 10 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a jellyroll pan.
- Cream sugar and margarine.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Blend in vanilla, salt and matzo cake meal.
- Spread dough in pan with spatula (dough will be sticky).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place chocolate chips on dough.
- Place back in oven for a couple of minutes or cover with aluminum foil for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate chips over dough.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Note: chocolate chips will not appear melted but will be spreadable.
it's almost chanukah actually, but i made these anyway for pick your chef. i did use butter instead of the margarine, these came out light and tasty, and i will be making them again, next time for the appropriate holiday:)