Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A bar using Mackintosh's toffee (a Canadian tradition). Simple to make.
Make and share this Toffee Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 4 mackintosh chocolate-covered english toffee bars (56 g)
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Combine milk, butter and broken up toffee bars in saucepan.
- Melt over medium-low heat until melted and smooth.
- Stir in cornflakes and almonds.
- Press into greased 8x8 inch pan.
- Cool and enjoy.
I have no idea where one would find chocolate covered toffee bars. We only have the plain toffee ones. But I used that and didn't have any almonds on-hand. They were fab anyways. My mother in law makes these and this receipe tasted exactly the same!