Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A yummy recipe from BHG Magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate-covered toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Beat in flour and salt until combined.
- Spread dough evenly in an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown and surface is dry.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate pieces.
- Let stand about 2 minutes or until chocolate is softened; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts and toffee pieces.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
Yummy "bats!" (just kidding!) Made them this week and we all love them. Another keeper... Thanks!