Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Years ago, a friend started giving my son a batch or two of these for Christmas. Today, I have to make them for him, but they are easy, so I really don't mind. Son likes them made with light brown sugar, but they can be made with dark. The recipe is a little different from others that are posted, so I will add these from Miss Sarah ..
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 Hershey chocolate candy bars
- Cream butter and sugar, add slightly beaten egg yolk.
- Add flour and vanilla and beat well.
- Spread in greased pan (I use a jelly roll pan).
- Bake at 250 degrees until batter is slightly brown and firm enough not to jiggle when pan is shaken (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from oven and immediately lay the unwrapped Hershey bars on top. After 2 or 3 minutes, spread the melted candy over the bars to form an icing.
- Let cool. I usually stick the pan in the fridge to speed this process up.
This was a hit, but not as a cookie, but our family thought it was candy! Easy to make and store!