Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are really easy, but they get raves every time.
Make and share this Toffee Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Mix all ingredients (except chocolate chips) with hands until it forms a dough.
- Pat into bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 375°F degrees for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Cover pan with a larger bread board to keep the heat inside.
- Spread the chocolate when it has melted.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Erin, This looks like the recipe that I have been serching for -- THANK YOU for posting it. I'll try it and let you know. A friend or mine has been making something similar for the holidays for the past 8 yrs. My husband & I love it. BUT she wont give us the recipe -- I thought after the 60's everyone started sharing recipes. Oh well. I hope your recipe is as equally wonderful as my unwilling to share friend. thanks again!
Yummy - just like I remember from making these years ago. I did cream the butter and brown sugar, then mixed in the egg yolk, then stirred in the flour. Thanks for posting this recipe, as I don't know what happened to the one I had.
I did cream the butter and brown sugar before adding the yolk and flour. These baked up a little firmer than other toffee bar recipes I have tried, but the flavor is excellent! I sprinkled heath bar bits on top of the melted chocolate chips before cooling and cutting. They look very impressive. I cut them into 36 pieces as they are quite rich.