Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this one of a classmate, we were making a cookbook for the tsunami appeal when it happened, we managed to raise enough money to buy a family who had lost everything a new boat to keep their buissness running
- 85 g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 ml milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Heat the sugar in a pan until dissolved and a caramel has formed.
- add butter, to form a toffee sauce.
- add the banana to the pan and shake to coat in toffee.
- heat 1-2 minutes.
- heat the cream and milk in a pan until just coming to the boil.
- remove from heat.
- whisk egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl to combine.
- gradually pour the hot milk in, whisking constantly.
- return the mixture to the pan, stirring constantly.
- gently warm the custard through until thickened.
- spoon the toffee bananas onto a serving plate and pour custard over.