- 9 ounces dark brown sugar
- 7 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon almond liqueur
- 6 bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar in a small saucepan and just cover with water.
- Heat, over medium heat, and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Then STOP STIRRING and bring to a fast boil until the sugar caramelizes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool down, then slowly add the cream and the liqueur; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare the bananas just before serving so they won't discolour.
- Pour the sauce over the bananas and sprinkle over some chopped nuts.