Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum! My kids don't like the rum flavoring so I have omited it for them, but when I make it for myself or others, I will leave it in. The amount of toffee pieces is equal to an 8 ounce package of toffee pieces. Found this on the Hershey's website some time ago when I was trying to find a recipe for banana bread.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8 1/2x4 1/2x1/2 inch baking pans.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk,oil, rum, egg and banana; stir with spoon until well blended. Stir in nuts.
- Spread 1 1/4 cup batter into bottom of each prepared pan. Top each batter with 1/2 cup toffee bits. Gently spread about 1 cup remaining batter into each pan. Sprinkle remaning bits over batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. (Bread will have slight sink in center.).
- Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen bread from sides of pan. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely.