Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
"Cheating" Recipe -- was looking to make banana brownies quickly. Love ( ! ! ! ) the Banana Chocolate Chip recipe from the Brownie Experience by Lisa Janner, which someone has posted here already. But, this time, wanted to make them from a box mix and run. This recipe is a Pillsbury® Bake Off winner and rightfully so, but you can only make them when you feel you can exercise restraint -- or exercise for an hour after! As you see, they are NOT low fat in any way. I seldom have macadamia nuts on hand, and have made them with Brazil nuts and even walnuts. I chopped Skor bars for the toffee bits in a hurry one day. And, they are even wonderful if you don't have the carmel topping, but we often have left over caramel topping in the fridge.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 fresh eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups toffee pieces
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 firm ripe medium bananas, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Heat oven to 350°F Generously spray 13x9-inch pan with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and eggs 50 strokes with spoon. Add 1 cup of the toffee bits, the nuts and bananas; stir just until well blended. Pour into pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup toffee bits over top.
- Bake 38 to 48 minutes or until center is set when lightly touched, top is slightly dry and edges just start to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. To serve, drizzle each brownie with caramel topping. Cover and refrigerate any remaining brownies.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase water to 1/3 cup. Add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour to dry brownie mix.