Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We made these at school at the end of the year, this is the recipe, very good, you will need 10 thick wooden skewers for this recipe
- rinse apples under cold water and stand on rack until completely dry, do not rub with a cloth.
- grease an oven tray.
- push a skewer three quarters of the way into each apple at the stem end.
- combine sugar, water, glucose syrup and colouring in a heavy-based saucepan.
- stir over heat, without boiling until sugar is dissolved.
- boil uncovered without stirring about 20 minutes or until mixture reaches a crack stage (remove sugar syrup from heat, allow bubbles to subside, drop a teaspoon of syrup into cold water, it should set hard and be hard to crack with fingers).
- remove syrup from heat, stand pan in baking dish of warm water about 1 minute or until bubbles subside.
- remove pan from water, tilt pan, dip and rotate an apple slowly in toffee until apple is completely coated.
- twirl apple round a few times before placing onto greased oven tray to set.
- pepeat with remaining apples and toffee.
Very easy & turned out great.
very good recipe. easy and no fuss. just need to add some flavouring.