Perfect Pixie's Note:
We made these at school at the end of the year, this is the recipe, very good, you will need 10 thick wooden skewers for this recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1rinse apples under cold water and stand on rack until completely dry, do not rub with a cloth.
- 2grease an oven tray.
- 3push a skewer three quarters of the way into each apple at the stem end.
- 4combine sugar, water, glucose syrup and colouring in a heavy-based saucepan.
- 5stir over heat, without boiling until sugar is dissolved.
- 6boil uncovered without stirring about 20 minutes or until mixture reaches a crack stage (remove sugar syrup from heat, allow bubbles to subside, drop a teaspoon of syrup into cold water, it should set hard and be hard to crack with fingers).
- 7remove syrup from heat, stand pan in baking dish of warm water about 1 minute or until bubbles subside.
- 8remove pan from water, tilt pan, dip and rotate an apple slowly in toffee until apple is completely coated.
- 9twirl apple round a few times before placing onto greased oven tray to set.
- 10pepeat with remaining apples and toffee.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee Apples
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 90.9 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: