Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 wooden sticks
- 6 dessert apples
- 85 ml water
- 375 g demerara sugar
- 37 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Push a stick into the core side of each apple.
- Heat all the ingredients gently in a heavy based pan until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil without stirring till it reaches a temperature of 143 Deg C or when a small amount dropped into a cup of cold water forms a hard ball.
- Keep a brush dipped in water handy and keep cleaning the sides of the pan while the toffee is cooking.
- Remove from heat and stand pan in a bowl of cold water to prevent the cooking continuing.
- Tilt the pan so that the toffee is in one corner, dip the apples into the toffee twisting them to coat all over.
- Place on an oiled baking sheet until the toffee has set.
so easy and delicious xx