Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in cook booklet. It is very very easy to make! What a great way to celebrate fall! It has now become a family favorite! ENJOY!
- 1 pie pastry (pre-made Pillsbury Pie Crust or make your own)
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced (Rome, Granny Smith or Jonathon)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup English toffee bits
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Lay pastry on cookie sheet.
- Toss apples with flour in medium bowl.
- Mound apples on half of pastry to within 3/4 inch of edge.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Fold pastry in half over apple mixture.
- Double the edge by folding 1/2 inch of edge back on itself.
- Seal with fork tines.
- Brush top of turnover with egg.
- Cut 3 slits, 1 inch long, in top to vent steam.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to serving plate.
- Cool 30 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm with or without vanilla ice cream.