a nice dessert given to me by my mother that I made tonight.
Make and share this Toffee Apple Turnover Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with sides or a 15x10x1 inch pan with cooking parchment paperor foil.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour and salt.
- Using pastry blender, cut in shorteninguntil particles are size of small peas.
- Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tosing with fork till all flour is moistened and pastry almost leaves sides of bowl.
- Gather pastry into bowl.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape pastry into flattened round 12 inch circle.
- Using rolling pin, roll into 12 inch round, about 1/8 inch thick, and place on cooking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, toss apples, and 1 tablespoon flour.
- Mound apple mixture on half of pastry, to within 3/4 inch of edge.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Fold 1/2 inch of sealed edgeof pastry over, and firmly press tines of fork arounf edge to seal.
- Brush top of turnover with egg.
- Cut 3 slits 1 inch long, in top to vent steam.
- Sprinkle top with sugar.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to serving plate.
- Cool 30 minutes before cutting.