Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe was given to me by a friend in Dallas, TX. It is delicious and makes a most impressive presentation.
Top Review by awalde
Paula your Tart is beautiful and fabulous! I did have any problems with the preparation.
Crust Recipe #28943 #28943 (half quantity)
Tasty apples from the garden.
Swiss chocolate toffes.
To preserve the fresh color of the apples I dip the slices in salted water (1 teasopoon in 2 liter water) and I drain them very well before use.
Prepared for Healthy Choices ABC.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, room temperature
- 4 cups apples, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup English toffee bits
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper, press out fold lines on crust and place on paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, toffee bits, 2 tablespoons sugar, flour and mix well.
- Spoon apple mixture evenly onto crust to within 2 inches of the edge.
- Fold edge of crust over apples, pleating to fit; drizzle the cream over apples; brush edges of crust with water and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees; continue to bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until crust is deep golden brown and apples are tender.
- Remove from oven and immediately run spatula under crust to loosen and move to wire rack.
- Allow to cool slightly, cut into 8 equal servings and enjoy.