Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cheesecake is the bomb.
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed or 1⁄2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed, plus 1/4 cup apple brandy
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1 -2 medium apples, such as Jonathan or 1 -2 medium golden delicious apple, cored and cut into thin slices
- 1⁄4 cup caramel topping
- For curst, combine chopped walnuts and flour. Stir in melted butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of an ungreased 8- or 9-inch springform pan. Set pan aside.
- For filling, in large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on low speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Add juice concentrate and eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in finely chopped apple.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place in a shallow baking pan in oven. Bake in a 375 degree F oven 45 to 50 minutes for the 8-inch pan, 35 to 40 minutes for 9-inch pan, or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen crust from sides of pan and cool for 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan; cool 1 hour.
- In a medium skillet poach apple slices in a small amount of boiling water for 1 minute or until softened; drain. Cover; chill cheesecake and apples separately at least 4 hours.
- To serve, arrange apple slices atop cheesecake. Drizzle with warm caramel topping.
Made this for Christmas dessert. Very good.