Recipe by Haversac
I found this on the Rhodes website (lots of tasty sounding things!) Thought it might work well for freezing!
Top Review by nonnie4sj
I made this for a family gathering and it was enjoyed by all. I forgot my brown sugar, so I used white sugar. It seemed very sweet to me and I don't know if that was due to using white sugar or if it was the amount of sugar. I'll probably cut the sugar down no matter what the next time I make it.
- 1 liter stale bread, cubed (day old)
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups skim milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- 5 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Place half of the bread cubes in a sprayed 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish.
- Top with apples.
- Combine the cream cheese, brown sugar, 1/4 cup milk and almond flavoring until smooth.
- Stir in toffee bits.
- Spread over apples.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Combine the eggs and remaining milk and pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours. (Or freeze).
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking (if frozen, thaw completely).
- Bake at 350 F 45-55 minutes.
- Cover with foil last 10 minutes of baking if needed to prevent over browning.