1/1 Photo of Toffee Apple and Honey Trifle
I was invited to friends for dinner on Rosh Hashana and was told to bring dessert. I decided to invent this trifle, along with the help of some very good Zaar folk in the Q&A thread. I want to thank Terese, PetitFour, Jules, CCLady, ann teapot, Iron Bloomers, Charishma, evelyn/athens, MarieAlice, HeatherFeather, joni g, Mrs Beeton wannabe, Dancer, Amy - Ellie''s mommie, Bergy, Watermelon and Ann Marie F for all their wonderful input. This dessert was a hit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the various layers of the trifle so they are all ready to assemble together.
- 2Slice the pound cakes down the middle length-wise, then slice each loaf into 10-12 slices, resulting in 20-24 cubes per loaf, a maximum of 48 cubes.
- 3Saute the apples in the butter until soft.
- 4Add the cinnamon and mix well to coat all the apple slices.
- 5In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the whipping cream, cream cheese, honey and vanilla pudding.
- 6Toss the Skor bits into the food processor and whirl until finely chopped.
- 7Now assemble the trifle in a large clear bowl with straight (ish) sides.
- 8This makes a large quantity so you may have up to three layers.
- 9First lay down a layer of cake cubes Then cover with the sauteed apples.
- 10Then cover with a generous layer of whipped cream.
- 11Then sprinkle with a layer of ground Skor bits.
- 12Repeat the layers until all the ingredients have been used up, ending in a layer of Skor bits.
- 13Note: I actually had more cake than necessary, so I had a layer of cake and cream in the middle before starting over with another layer of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee Apple and Honey Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.7
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 126.8 mg
- Sodium 275.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Skor English toffee bits