Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Scrumptious bars from the Lakeview Christian Church cookbook, "Lakeview Cuisine"
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 4 (1 1/8 ounce) Skor candy bars
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend at low speed until a stiff dough forms (about 1 minute).
- Stir chopped nuts and 2 crushed candy bars into dough.
- Pat dough into an ungreased 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 crushed toffee bars.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until crushed candy is melted.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Store tightly covered.