Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This candy-like treat is a great way to sneak whole wheat flour into your eating.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend together butter, brown sugar, instant coffee, salt, and whole wheat flour.
- Spread mixture into a ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with the 1 cup of chocolate chips. Once the chips have melted - spread the chocolate evenly over the bar.
- Lightly press sliced almonds into the chocolate.
- Let stand in pan until cooled and then remove and cut into 36 pieces.