Prep 35 mins
Cook 14 mins
Taste of Home
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- 1 (6 ounce) package English toffee bits
- additional sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add oil, eggs, and extract; mix well.
- Combine flours, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
A great tasting cookie that I've been making for years. My family loves them!
Absolutely delish -- especially with a cup of coffee. They did get stale rather quickly, but everyone raved about the taste.
A lovely cookie recipe published in a 1999 Taste of Home cookbook...I just love the toffee bits!