1/1 Photo of Toffee Almond Cookies
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Another recipe I found in a "Taste of Home" magazine while searching for something different for my Holiday Cookie tray. These little layered treats have a buttery bottom and soft toffee top with a sprinkle of almonds. Sweet, so I gut in small squares, but very good. Hope you try them and like them too. Edited to update thanks to the review. Must have been typing to many posts and forgot the all important flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- 2Beat in egg yolk, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3Stir in flour.
- 4Spread evenly into a greased 13 inch x 9 inch x 2 inch baking pan.
- 5Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 6Cool slightly.
- 7Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, combine butterscotch chips, corn syrup, shortening, water and remaining salt.
- 8Cover and microwave at 50% power until chips are melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 9Spread over crust.
- 10Sprinkle with almonds - lightly pressing into mixture.
- 11Refrigerate until set before cutting.
- 12Yields about 4 dozen.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee Almond Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (799 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.9
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 51.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g