Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
We love biscotti of all kinds. Haven't tried this yet. Putting it here for safekeeping.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 3⁄4 cup toffee pieces
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, almonds, and toffee bits; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, Amaretto, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer.
- Mix in dry ingredients with eggs, mix until combined. Dough will be sticky, but do not add more flour.
- Flour surface of parchment paper lined cookie sheet, roll dough out on surface into a log about 3 inches in diameter.
- Bake about 50 minutes, or until firm and dry.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Use a serrated knife and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Lay slices cut side down on cookie sheet and return to even for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn slices over and bake another 20 minutes.
Why buy store bought biscottis that are hard and tasteless when you can make a batch in about an hour. These are the best ones I have made so far, I just tweeked it to my taste. I added macadamia nuts and extra vanilla instead of almonds. Made them on Friday afternoon and we ate our last ones on Monday morning before we left for work
Fabulous recipe!!!! Who knew it was so easy and fun to make biscotti??!!! I love the Amaretto and almond flavor and then the toffee is just to die for!!!The only thing I did differently is I used sliced almonds instead of slivered because I think they are prettier and more elegant-looking in desserts. I had so much fun making these and now this recipe has started a biscotti kick, I know I will be making lots of biscotti now!!!!! Homemade biscotti is crunchy, not break-your-tooth-hard so it is much better than store-bought!! Thank you for such a wonderful and rewarding recipe!!!