Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups crushed chocolate-covered toffee bits (Heath or Skor)
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour in small amounts, and mix until blended.
- Press the dough evenly into the baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until edges lightly brown.
- In a saucepan, stir toffee bits and corn syrup over med-low heat, stirring constantly until toffee melts.
- Stir in half of the almonds and 1/2 cup of the coconut.
- Spread this mixture over the crust, leaving a 1/4-inch margin all around.
- Sprinkle the rest of the almonds and coconut over the top.
- Bake in oven another 15 minutes or until top becomes bubbly.
- Set the pan on a wire rack to cool completely (allow to cool before cutting).