Recipe by Iowa Jenny
A wonderful home-made,old fashioned treat that always gets rave reviews. After making this sweet treat, be prepared to start handing out the recipe!
- 1 lb butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 6 Hershey chocolate candy bars (full size candy bars)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind up pecans and set aside.
- Break up the Hershey Bars along the scored lines of the candy bar. Take all the broken up chocolate pieces and break in half again. You want to have small bite size pieces.
- Spread pecans and chocolate pieces evenly over a raised side cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. I usually save a little bit of the chocolate to sprinkle on top of the toffee mixture.
- Add butter, sugar and water to a heavy 4 quart sauce pan. Boil on high to 300 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Pour mixture over pecans and chocolate. If you reserved any chocolate from step 3, sprinkle it on top of the toffee mixture.
- Set aside to cool.
- When toffee has hardened, break up into pieces and store in a air-tight container.