Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A tasty dish I created for my first try at a meatless meatball.
- 1 (500 g) package firm tofu (drained)
- 1 medium carrot (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion (coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (dried bread crumbs)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered thyme
- Place tofu on plate lined with paper towels; completely cover with more paper towels; and heat in microwave for 90 seconds to drain excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, finely grate carrot, scallions, parsley, and basil in a food processor.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble dried tofu into small pieces and thoroughly combine processed carrot mixture, panko, egg, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and thyme until almost smooth and resembles a raw meatball mixture.
- Form tofu mixture into 1½ inch balls. Place on greased baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes. Remove, flip over, and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and let cool for at least 30 minutes.