1/1 Photo of Todd's Russian Tea
D. Todd Miller's Note:
This recipe is based on my mother's Russian Tea recipe. I serve this at every Christmas party I host. I don't know why this beverage is called "Russian Tea." However, many people in rural North Carolina make a version of it around the winter holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 3 qts of water in a large pot, and add cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- 2Bring water to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat and place a mesh tea-infusion basket of tea (or 3 teabags) into the pot. Steep tea for only 5 minutes.
- 4After removing the tea-infusion basket or teabags, add sugar to the pot and stir until it dissolves.
- 5Add cans of concentrate, plus 2 qts of water.
- 6Bring the whole mixture up to temperature and serve hot.
- 7This tea refrigerates well for a few days with the cloves and cinnamon sticks removed. Always serve hot, though.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Todd's Russian Tea
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 32.8 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: