1/1 Photo of Todd's Russian Tea
D. Todd Miller's Note:
This recipe is based on my mother's Russian Tea recipe. I serve this at every Christmas party I host. I don't know why this beverage is called "Russian Tea." However, many people in rural North Carolina make a version of it around the winter holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 3 qts of water in a large pot, and add cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- 2Bring water to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat and place a mesh tea-infusion basket of tea (or 3 teabags) into the pot. Steep tea for only 5 minutes.
- 4After removing the tea-infusion basket or teabags, add sugar to the pot and stir until it dissolves.
- 5Add cans of concentrate, plus 2 qts of water.
- 6Bring the whole mixture up to temperature and serve hot.
- 7This tea refrigerates well for a few days with the cloves and cinnamon sticks removed. Always serve hot, though.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Todd's Russian Tea
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 32.8 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: