Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Todd worked for a number of years in a local Taco Bill's restaurant (they call it Bill's not Bell's in Oz). This is close to something they used to make.
- 1 large cooked chicken, meat removed and shredded
- 177.44 ml creamed corn
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 59.16 ml chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 10 soft tortillas
- 473.18 ml shredded cheese (we used tasty cheddar)
- Mix first 5 ingredients together.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/10th of the mix, roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Sprinkle the two cups of cheese over and bake in moderate oven until brown and well heated through.
- Nice served with Salsa over the top.
This is the first time I have made enchiladas and we quite enjoyed them, I did have to omit the jalapeno (one of the few chillies I'm not keen on and the if included the DM would not have eaten) so I used a hot salsa for the DS and me. I scaled back for 5 but filled 4 wholemeal/wholegrain wraps (the tortillas had disappeared from the freezer, so had to use the wraps). Baked at 175C, checked after 15 minutes but not browned so left for another 15 and the cheese was nice and brown and wraps were crispy. The DS and I had them with a tossed salad. Thanks Jan, made for Make My Recipe, Edition 10.
THis was a pleasant weeknight supper and very glad I tried it. I cheated and used a rotisserie chicken and I think next time, I will use my own cooked chicken. The addition of creamed corn is something I have not come across until now and I really liked it! I used a small can of diced green chillies instead of jalapeno. I also used the Kraft Mexican blend cheese and am certain that I used more than 2 cups, as is my way. Great supper, thanks so much!
yum. These were great, a nice change from the usual cream of chicken enchiladas. I seasoned the chicken a little bit before adding and used green chilies because I didn't have jalepenos! Thanks