Recipe by JustJanS
Todd worked for a number of years in a local Taco Bill's restaurant (they call it Bill's not Bell's in Oz). This is close to something they used to make.
Top Review by I'mPat
This is the first time I have made enchiladas and we quite enjoyed them, I did have to omit the jalapeno (one of the few chillies I'm not keen on and the if included the DM would not have eaten) so I used a hot salsa for the DS and me. I scaled back for 5 but filled 4 wholemeal/wholegrain wraps (the tortillas had disappeared from the freezer, so had to use the wraps). Baked at 175C, checked after 15 minutes but not browned so left for another 15 and the cheese was nice and brown and wraps were crispy. The DS and I had them with a tossed salad. Thanks Jan, made for Make My Recipe, Edition 10.
- 1 large cooked chicken, meat removed and shredded
- 3⁄4 cup creamed corn
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 10 soft tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese (we used tasty cheddar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients together.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/10th of the mix, roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Sprinkle the two cups of cheese over and bake in moderate oven until brown and well heated through.
- Nice served with Salsa over the top.