Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is my brother Todd's recipe. Makes some dang fine spicy boiled shrimp.
- 5 quarts water
- 5 lbs unpeeled fresh shrimp
- 1⁄3 cup cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup seafood boil (powdered, not liquid)
- 3 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 celery rib, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- ice cube
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stock pot; bring the water to boiling; add the next 7 ingredients.
- Return to boiling; take pot off heat.
- Stir in the salt.
- Add enough ice cubes to stop the cooking process; let stand 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain and serve immediately.