Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from Wendy0's Zoobana Zoobana (Zucchini Banana) Bread. I wanted something nutritious for my fruit- and bread- loving toddler, and this vegan sweet bread is a HUGE favorite now. Ingredient tips: I keep bags of grated zucchini in the freezer. I also throw extra ripe bananas in the freezer, let thaw on counter and squeeze out the insides for recipes. I also pre-make steamed and pureed kale to add to baby food for extra vitamins.
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup kale, steamed and pureed (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice or 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease 2 loaf pans (8x4 or 9x5)
- Combine zucchini, bananas, applesauce, kale, juice/vanilla.
- Measure and add oil, then use same measuring cup for adding molasses to make it flow easier.
- Sift in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Stir until just combined.
- Pour into 2 loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
LOVE this recipe!!! It is so healthy and my 12 month old will eat it for breakfast!! I wasn't sure how to measure the kale so did it post-pureeing. It worked out well that way. This freezes really well too! Thanks for the great recipe alizabee!