Recipe by alizabee
Adapted from Wendy0's Zoobana Zoobana (Zucchini Banana) Bread. I wanted something nutritious for my fruit- and bread- loving toddler, and this vegan sweet bread is a HUGE favorite now. Ingredient tips: I keep bags of grated zucchini in the freezer. I also throw extra ripe bananas in the freezer, let thaw on counter and squeeze out the insides for recipes. I also pre-make steamed and pureed kale to add to baby food for extra vitamins.
Top Review by jennyblender
LOVE this recipe!!! It is so healthy and my 12 month old will eat it for breakfast!! I wasn't sure how to measure the kale so did it post-pureeing. It worked out well that way. This freezes really well too! Thanks for the great recipe alizabee!
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup kale, steamed and pureed (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice or 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease 2 loaf pans (8x4 or 9x5)
- Combine zucchini, bananas, applesauce, kale, juice/vanilla.
- Measure and add oil, then use same measuring cup for adding molasses to make it flow easier.
- Sift in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Stir until just combined.
- Pour into 2 loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.