Recipe by PookeyLumLum
My daughter loves these with some homemade hidden-veggie chicken nuggets! It's the only way I can get her to eat her veggies--HAPPILY. :D These freeze really well, too, so you can freeze the extras and use as a quick fix veggie source for other meals.
Top Review by tinkerpuppet
I'm not an expert cook, but I know my way around a kitchen. Which makes me think there has to be something missing to this recipe. Because when following it exactly the way it was written, I ended up with an inedible shredded oily mess. There was nothing to bind the shredded veggies together, and they all fell apart in the pan. I couldn't serve it to my family, much less freeze some for later like I was hoping. I won't make this again.
- 1 cup shredded potato
- 1⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup shredded zucchini
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parsnip
- 1⁄3 cup shredded beet
- 3 tablespoons stone ground whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (for pan frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients by hand in a large bowl.
- Take 1/4 cup scoops and form into small pancake-like "pods".
- Heat the EVOO to hot and add some pods, being careful not to crowd the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook the pods until crispy and golden brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side.