Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you have a picky toddler, you know how difficult lunch options can be! I decided to whip this up with what I had on hand. You could omit or add items as you please....I like the veggie/calcium combo! Alphabet pasta is also a good alternative for babies Store the leftovers for two days and serve as a side or meal!
- 2 cups mini farfalle pasta or 2 cups other small shell pasta
- 1 jar of prepared pasta sauce
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups steam in the bag frozen mixed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli and carrots)
- Boil pasta according to directions, I always boil it a minute longer for younger toddlers. Add pasta to serving dish and mix with olive oil and cheddar cheese.
- Steam veggies according to directions.
- Heat sauce according to directions.
- In food processor or blender add veggies, sauce, and cream cheese. Blend well. Sauce will be thick.
- Stir sauce in with pasta and serve.
Great idea for fussy toddlers, a good way to sneak veggies into them. I halved the recipe and only used a tiny bit of olive oil. I only had broccoli, carrot and corn so I used that, but you could use any veggies you have in the freezer really. Thanks for this recipe!