Recipe by Rachel G
My son and I share this for lunch twice a week. I'm so glad to get him to eat meat that is good for him instead of mystery-meat chicken bits! This would probably work well toasting in the oven, but with an infant and a toddler, I don't have the time for that!
Top Review by NELady
Made this Toddler Tuna Spread for lunch this afternoon for my 15-month old twins. They both ate it on whole wheat toast (I cut it into squares so it was easier for them to eat). They loved it! Delighted to have a simple, inexpensive, healthy and FAST lunch to fix for the kids.
- 1 (6 ounce) can chunk light tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 slices bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix tuna, cream cheese, and shredded cheese in microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat through in microwave (about 1 minute.) Be sure to stir as you go to help the cheese melt evenly.
- Toast the bread in the toaster. Cut off crusts (if necessary!).
- Spread the tuna mix on the toast and enjoy.