Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
My son and I share this for lunch twice a week. I'm so glad to get him to eat meat that is good for him instead of mystery-meat chicken bits! This would probably work well toasting in the oven, but with an infant and a toddler, I don't have the time for that!
- 1 (6 ounce) can chunk light tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 slices bread
- Mix tuna, cream cheese, and shredded cheese in microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat through in microwave (about 1 minute.) Be sure to stir as you go to help the cheese melt evenly.
- Toast the bread in the toaster. Cut off crusts (if necessary!).
- Spread the tuna mix on the toast and enjoy.
Made this Toddler Tuna Spread for lunch this afternoon for my 15-month old twins. They both ate it on whole wheat toast (I cut it into squares so it was easier for them to eat). They loved it! Delighted to have a simple, inexpensive, healthy and FAST lunch to fix for the kids.
Tried it out first on DH who loved it but said it needed salt and pepper (go figure!) Put it on toasted English Muffin halves and I thought it was delicious - can't wait to try it on my grandson! Thanks a million
I have a VERY picky 6 year old who refused to try tuna. He loves this "spread". I pureed this mixture in the food processor so he wouldn't have chunks and then served on bread (he doesn't like toast) with bread and butter pickles. A great way to get the tuna in!