Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This can be given to toddlers over the age of one year. The servings are for children. It cannot be frozen but can be stored in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 250 -300 g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the tofu cubes in a large bowl and pour the honey and oil mix over the top.
- Use your finger to gently coat the tofu as a spoon will break the tofu up.
- Place the tofu bites on a baking tray and spoon over any leftover mixture.
- Bake at 350 deg F for approximately 15 minutes or until the tofu is golden.
This was a great recipe but the baking time wound up being twice the time for me to get to a golden brown & I had to turn up my oven to 375. The next time I make it I may increase the honey amount by half. Because I was pressed for time I ended up taking a serving out & browning it in a frying pan & it tasted exactly the same as the ones that finished in the oven. Baby wasn't thrilled about it, but mom loved it!!!
I can't really rate this because I liked them, toddler and husband hated them. For my toddler I think it was the texture. Maybe she'll eat silken tofu in pudding form.
I made these for myself and am TRYING to save some for my DD but I don't think thats gonna happen. Maybe next time. Super healthy and yummy. Perfect for my South Beach Diet. Thanks for sharing Missy Wombat..