Recipe by CindiJ
I am so doing the happy dance today! I found my Grandma's original recipe card for these teething cookies. All natural ingredients and so much better for the little ones than the store bought kind.
Top Review by LenLen
I did the recipe in Australian standard measuring spoons and cups. Dude.... the flavor of molasses was soooo strong, it almost gave me a headache! But besides that they were ok. I'm planning to remake and reduce the molasses and brown sugar and hopefully they will turn out better.
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour, less 2 tbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add molasses, vanilla, egg yolk and mix well. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll out 1/4" thick and cut into 1"x1/2" strips.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Store in airtight container for 1 week or in freezer upto 3 months.