Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is an excellent alternative to fast food french fries. The ingredients are geared towards healthy eating for your toddler, but is tasty enough for even an adult palate. They are a great way to introduce your toddler to a colorful and healthy vegetable rich in vitamins. Experiment with different sprinklings of spices such as ginger, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, etc. Whatever your family likes.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Spray a non-stick baking sheet with vegetable oil spray or lightly coat with olive oil.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1/4" thick 'fries' about 2-3 inches long for toddler sized hands.
- Whisk the egg whites until frothy. Add the cut potatoes to the egg mixture, and toss until coated.
- Place the potatoes in one layer on the baking sheet. Bake until soft inside and of desired crispness on the outside, 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.